[Updated on May 7, 2020 to include links to the latest episodes]
Over the last few weeks, our Growth Guys have been hacking up a storm, reporting on the latest ecommerce trends as COVID-19 redefines everyday life. Just last week, they made several key findings:
- Cough medicine spiked 361% above normal price in late February
- Sales on outdoor products spiked nearly 500% since the first announcement of COVID-19
- Multichannel sellers with four sales channels saw 73% GMV growth in March
- Buyers are leaving less 30-day feedback than pre-pandemic times
(The guys even caught the eye of the Man of Reddit himself, Alexis Ohanian, on Twitter.)
Naturally we thought, why not make this a regular thing? Why don’t we find out what sellers like you want to know about ecommerce (and/or the impact COVID-19 is having on it) and dig into the data for you?
So without further ado, we’re officially debuting a new data-focused blog series called, “Ask the Growth Guys.” Every Friday, we’ll be launching a blog answering one question that we received during the week. If our inboxes fill up, we’ll consider reporting back more frequently than that.
For now, we’re letting our guys get their beauty sleep. We’re excited to see what questions you have in store for us.
How Do You Submit an Idea?
It’s simple! Just visit this form and request a topic idea. You can send an anonymous request or leave your email. If you send us your email, we’ll make sure to add you to our mailing list so that you can receive quick updates on any “Ask the Growth Guys” blogs in addition to other ecommerce news that we report on.
What Should You Ask About?
Our guys love a good challenge, so feel free to get creative. We’ll answer what we can using the billions of data points we have across ecommerce channels, including (but not limited to) Amazon, Walmart Marketplace and eBay. If you’re looking for ideas on what they’ve reported on before, check out their past work.
Latest "Ask the Growth Guys" Episodes:
- Ep. 1: Are Amazon Prime Orders Down Because of Shipping Delays?
- Ep. 2: How Many Amazon Businesses Survived the Coronavirus?
- Ep. 3: Razors, Bidets & Hair Clippers—Oh My!
- Ep. 4: Amazon, Walmart Marketplace & eBay Benchmarks
Other Data Blogs:
- What 30-Day Feedback Trends Say About the State of Amazon
- Which Ecommerce Strategy is Winning During the Coronavirus?
- Is Price Gouging Really Happening on Amazon?
Who Are the Growth Guys?
Tucker is Zentail’s growth strategist. Having joined Zentail from the VC world, Tucker boasts an impressive collection of Patagonia sweater vests. Don’t let his extensive history of bad stock picks fool you—he’s an analysis extraordinaire. In his free time, Tucker enjoys learning new Excel hotkeys and finding relationships between variables.
Paul is director of growth at Zentail. He is the walking definition of a “serial entrepreneur” with a bunch of degrees related to comp sci, mathematics and even VR. He has already founded and sold two technology companies. His first startup, Now or Never, was sold to Free Cause—which was then acquired by Rakuten. His second, Social Growth Technologies, was acquired by Kiswe Mobile. Many people who meet Paul have exclaimed, “I thought you’d be much older!” But nope. Paul has many years ahead of him before his hair starts graying (thank God).